Tarot is a great divinatory tool as we all know. What you may not know is that it can be combined with so many other magical and divination methods and techniques. Stichomancy is the art of divination through interpreting seemingly randomly chosen words.
Can I perform Stichomancy?
Yes, anyone can do it, and it makes a great addition to any tarot reading! You simply think of a question, open a book at random , close your eyes and put your finger down on the page. The sentence you put your finger on should answer your question! Let’s look into how to perform a Stichomancy reading in depth.
How do I perform a Stichomancy reading?
- Find a book which you believe to contain truth. Traditionally religious texts were used but you can choose a book that you feel drawn to or have a connection with
- Clear your mind and think of a question you wish to ask, focus on the question
- Close your eyes and hold the book by it’s spine
- Allow the book to fall open on any page
- With your eyes still closed, place your finger on the page
- Open your eyes and read the sentence that your finger has fallen on
- Understand the sentence and interpret it in relation to your question
Stichomancy is a lesser known divination technique but has actually been in use for over 3000 years. Sometimes it is called Bibliomancy. There are many methods of performing a reading but the steps above are a good place to start from. You can use it in a reading in many ways. For yourself, Stichomancy can give you another valuable insight into your initial question in a wider way than a single card or spread of cards can. For others, Stichomancy is a fun and easy to understand technique. It almost turns divination into a fun game!
Give Stichomancy a try in your next reading and let us know how you got on. Comment below or visit out Facebook page to discuss Stichomancy along with Tarot!